|13 Inexpensive Ways to Get MORE $ for your home & sell Quicker |
13 Inexpensive Ways to make your home worth More & sell Quicker.
1. Get rid of clutter. Throw out stacks of newspapers & magazines. Leave plenty of counter space in kitchen & baths. Throw or give away items you no longer use. Clean out the garage & basement. Have a yard sale!
2. Wash your windows & screens to let more natural light inside. Consider removing curtain panels & leave just valances to let in even more light especially to show off a great view.
3. Keep everything extra clean. Wash fingerprints from light switch plates. Mop & wax floors. Clean the stove & refrigerator. A clean house makes a better first impression & convinces home buyers that the home has been well cared for. Pay particular attention to the kitchen & baths.
4. Smells- Clean carpeting and drapes to eliminate cooking odors, smoke, & pet smells. Open windows if possible. Try not to let anyone smoke in the home the day of a showing.
5. Put higher wattage bulbs in light sockets to make rooms seem brighter, especially basements & other dark rooms. Replace any burnt out bulbs.
6. Make minor home repairs that can create a bad impression. Small problems, such as sticky doors, torn screens, cracked caulking, or a dripping faucet, may seem trivial, but it will give the buyer the impression that the home wasn't well maintained.
7. Fresh interior & exterior paint is, dollar for dollar, the most profitable improvement home sellers can make. Paint using neutral colors but not white, it appears too harsh.
8. If your budget allows, Install new light fixtures -instantly updates a room.
9. Replacing worn carpets or flooring -ask your real estate professional for advice.
10. Tidy up your yard. Cut the grass, rake the leaves & trim the bushes. Plant a few bright flowers near the entryway. Home buyers will drive by first then decide if they want to see the inside.
11. Patch holes in your driveway & reapply sealant, if applicable.
12. " Stage " the home to sell. I am a Certified Home Marketing Stager, I will advise you how to Stage your home to sell quicker & for more Money, Its inexpensive & fun !
13. Beautify the front entrance. Clean up leaves & cobwebs. Paint the front door if needed. Place down a new welcome mat (a black one to hide dirt & mud ) add a colorful planter. 1st impressions mean a lot!
*** When choosing a Real Estate Agent, hire an experienced local agent with an aggressive marketing plan both in print & on-line. Hire An agent that works full time, some agents work part - time treating your Real estate sale as a hobby. You need an agent who will be serious about selling your home, Your biggest asset.
Courtesy of Karen Ann Martin ~ REALTOR
Professional Real Estate Consultant and Home Staging Services
Safe Harbor Realty 780 Main Rd. Westport MA 02790
Contact me with any quesitons, Every situation is different I am always happy to advise the best move for you.
Call / Text 774-930-8181 Email Karen@KarenMartinHomes.com